Saturday, November 13, 2010

Farewell to my static Web site!

A couple of months ago, I made the decision to drop the Web site I had set up and maintained to promote my freelance writing. It was a static site, rather boring, and not all that convenient to maintain. In addition, I had to pay an annual fee to keep it running, and this year, I realized I was getting absolutely no return on that investment.

When I set up the site in 2004, there really weren't many options. Blogs were still fairly rudimentary and Facebook was in its infancy. Twitter wasn't even on the radar! Web domains were the "thing" and I jumped on the bandwagon, setting up several sites for my various interests.

It's amazing how much things have changed. Today, we can use any number of free blogging platforms, including Google's outstanding services, and promote our blogs via Facebook or Twitter. My "resume" is now a page on this blog and it's incredibly easy to update. Best of all, it's free!

Farewell reynoldswrites.com. You served me well, but we're moving on into a new age!

No comments:

Post a Comment